Writers have always been drawn to coffee and coffeehouses.
You can simulate that coffeehouse environment by listening here: here.
Read more from Fordham.edu here.
1. Write in a coffee shop today. This can be real or virtual.
2. Does this environment help or hinder your writing?
3. Do the people you encounter inspire further development of your characters?
Compare: means to find similarities between two things.
Contrast: means to find differences between two things.
A summer’s day can be beautiful and pleasant:
But, a summer’s day can also be stormy!
1. Read Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18.
2. How many lines can you memorize?
3. Consider the characters in your current work of fiction. How are the two main characters alike? How do they differ? Having characters that are too similar may confuse or bore the reader.
For further review on compare and contrast, go to this link: