Thanks, Shaun Tan.
Today’s Assignment: Read this excellent article about writing your debut children’s book:
Here are the highlights:
1. Don’t make your children’s novel too long.
2. Give the story a satisfying ending.
3. Keep character voices genuine.
4. The plot should keep the reader turning the pages.
5. Don’t repeat yourself.
6. Don’t copy the trends you see on the market.
7. Don’t be afraid to edit.
8. Keep reading!
9. Don’t have too many plot strands.
10. Don’t ignore your natural style.
11. Trust your instincts.
12. Do your research.